Royal Caribbean just made a major move to help victims of Hurricanes Maria and Irma.
In the aftermath of the storms that ravaged islands in the Caribbean, the cruise line canceled a scheduled Sept. 30 itinerary in order to use its Adventure of the Seas ship to drop off relief supplies and pick up evacuees.
The ship first docked in San Juan, Puerto Rico, on Wednesday, where the devastation has left millions without power, homes, life-saving healthcare supplies, and even drinking water.
The company sent its "thoughts and prayers" to those in San Juan and the other affected islands as they rebuild after Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
After Irma, other cruise lines like Norwegian, in addition to Royal Caribbean, also sent ships and supplies in order to contribute to the humanitarian efforts.
- Carnival business disrupted but CEO sees Caribbean rebound by winterReuters
- Royal Caribbean deploys Adventure of the Seas ship to assist Puerto Rico with ...New York Daily News
- Royal Caribbean cancels cruise, sends ship on rescue mission to Puerto RicoThe Hill (blog)
- Royal Caribbean just sent an entire cruise liner filled with goods to Puerto RicoFast Company
- Royal Caribbean cancels trip, will use ship to help evacuate people from ...New York's PIX11 / WPIX-TV
- Royal Caribbean Cancels Cruise to Use Ship for Hurricane Relief EffortsThe Weather Channel
- Canadians stranded in Puerto Rico to be evacuated on FridayGlobalnews.ca
- Royal Caribbean cancels cruise, sends ship to help Puerto Rico after Hurricane ...TBO.com
- Irma was the 'most trying storm' ever for cruise lines. How well did they respond?Miami Herald