Image copyrightReutersImage caption Ms Louis-Dreyfus won another Emmy earlier this month Julia Louis-Dreyfus, the award-winning star of US TV comedy series Veep, has announced she has Breast Cancer, in a message posted on social media.
"The good news", she added, was she had a "glorious group" of family and friends supporting her and "fantastic" insurance through her union.
Her Veep co-star Tony Hale retweeted the announcement, appending the message: "We love this woman."
Christina Applegate, who had a double mastectomy in 2008 following her own Breast cancer diagnosis, told Louis-Dreyfus to contact her if she wanted to talk.
"The bad news is that not all women are so lucky," Louis-Dreyfus said in her statement, "so let's fight all cancers and make universal health care a reality".
- Today in Entertainment: Kim Kardashian appears to confirm third child; Julia ...Los Angeles Times
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus reveals she has breast cancerCBS News
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Announces Breast Cancer DiagnosisCBS Chicago
- 'Veep' Star Julia Louis-Dreyfus Says She Has Breast CancerU.S. News & World Report
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus announces she has breast cancerYahoo Celebrity
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus diagnosed with breast cancerWashington Post
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus reveals breast-cancer diagnosis on TwitterSalon
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus: 'One in eight women get breast cancer; today, I'm the one'USA TODAY
- The New Season of 'Transparent' Is Full Of Palestinian Propaganda — And It's ...Forward