Chuck Carlton, Big 12 football beat writer for SportsDayDFW.com and The Dallas Morning News, answered questions about the league during a live chat Thursday.
If by real deal, you mean competent by Big 12 standards with maybe a few developing playmakers (like linebacker Dakota Allen, back from Last Chance U), yeah, sure.
TCU, with its defensive scheme based on a veteran secondary, was especially suited to slow down Oklahoma State.
Question: Even if Texas Tech loses, could a strong defensive performance change the Red Raiders' national perception?
So far, against a pretty decent non-conference schedule (FCS power Eastern Washington, Pac-12 member Arizona State and AAC contender Houston), Tech has met the test.
- Halftime Observations: Texas 14, Iowa State 0DesMoinesRegister.com
- Tennessee tailback John Kelly wants to play defensive back tooNBCSports.com
- Improved Iowa State Ready To Take Its Shot At TexasCBS DFW
- Outdoor wrestling practice provides opportunities, exposure for Iowa StateThe Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines
- Iowa State player penalized for doing a somersaultYahoo Sports
- How to Watch Texas vs. Iowa State: Live Stream, TV Channel, TimeSports Illustrated
- Texas Longhorns football vs. Iowa State Cyclones: Live score, updates, TV ...OregonLive.com
- SMU prediction: Will Courtland Sutton get rolling against UConn?Dallas News (blog)
- 2-Minute Drill: Texas Longhorns at Iowa State CyclonesThe Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines