Miami and Larranaga acknowledged the investigation into alleged bribery of recruits, which implicated the Hurricanes program.
Athletic Director Blake James also issued a statement saying the school was aware of the indictments in the case, and would cooperate with any review of the matter.
Federal prosecutors say among several Allegations that at least three top high school recruits were promised payments of as much as $150,000, using money supplied by Adidas, to attend two universities sponsored by the athletic shoe company.
Court papers didn't name those schools but contained enough details to identify them as Miami and Louisville.
Louisville has placed coach Rick Pitino and athletic director Tom Jurich on administrative leave.
- Larranaga's attorney says allegations 'do not apply to our much loved Coach L'NBCSports.com
- Miami basketball news: Jim Larranaga trying to get ahead of allegationsClutchPoints
- Jim Larranaga's lawyer: allegations in FBI college hoops sting 'do not apply ...MyPalmBeachPost (blog)
- Jim Larranaga's attorney says FBI allegations do not apply to Miami basketball ...DieHards
- The Latest: Member of Miami staff being investigatedSacramento Bee
- Federal case...Dwayne, Lebron reunite...Manning not throwing in helmetWCTI12.com
- Recruiting scandal...Running back's lawsuit...Presidents CupWCTI12.com