Irwin Simon, president and chief executive officer of Hain Celestial Group Inc.
Hain Celestial reached an agreement with activist investor Engaged Capital for changes in its board, which could pave the way for a potential sale of the organic food and beverage company, The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.
As per the agreement, Hain will nominate six new directors, while three board members will not seek re-election, the Journal reported , citing people familiar with the matter.
The maker of Celestial tea and BluePrint juice will also form a group of directors to examine strategic alternatives, WSJ reported.
Hain Celestial and Engaged Capital did not respond to requests for comment outside regular business hours.
- Hain Celestial in Pact With Activist Investor Overhauling BoardWall Street Journal (subscription)
- Lumina Fund Management Position in Hain Celestial Group (HAIN) Has Lifted by ...BZ Weekly
- Comparable Company Analysis: The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (HAIN), Clean ...AllStockNews
- As Hain Celestial Group (HAIN) Market Valuation Rose, Glenview Capital ...BZ Weekly
- Hain Celestial Group Ord (HAIN) Holding Boosted by Litespeed Management Llc ...BZ Weekly
- Litespeed Management LLC Maintains Holding in Hain Celestial Group Ord (HAIN)BZ Weekly
- $694.54 Million in Sales Expected for The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (HAIN ...TrueBlueTribune
- Spherix Incorporated (SPEX) is at $1.42 per share and The Hain Celestial Group ...Stocks Gallery
- Hain Celestial considering future of UK desserts factoryjust-food.com (subscription)