Iowa State’s rushing attack is led by star running back David Montgomery, who’s averaging 107 yards per game, good for third in the Big 12.
They are led inside by Ray Lima and Vernell Trent, who, like Poona Ford, doesn’t put up mind boggling stats, but disrupts the point of attack to allow teammates to make the play.
The Longhorns don’t boast a prominent rushing attack, but they are respectable, led by Chris Warren III who’s averaging 70.7 yards per game to go along with two touchdowns.
The Cyclones have geared up to stop the run first, bringing the safeties closer to the line of scrimmage, taking away help on the back end of the defense.
During last week’s conference call, Texas Coach Tom Herman said he only trusts five of his offensive linemen, after All-American left tackle Connor Williams went down with a season-ending injury.
- Texas vs. Iowa State: What to watch forChron.com
- Improved Iowa State ready for its shot at TexasKSAT San Antonio
- UT's Tom Herman knows what to expect at Iowa StateHouston Chronicle
- How to watch Texas at Iowa State: Game time, TV, live streaming, and moreBurnt Orange Nation
- ISU football preview: Montgomery, Cyclones welcome test from TexasWaterloo Cedar Falls Courier
- What has Texas learned in 12 days between USC heartbreaker and tomorrow's game ...Dallas News (blog)
- The Fact That Iowa State Might Be a Measuring Stick Is Telling for TexasSports Illustrated
- Iowa State football faces a smaller type team in TexasIowa State Daily
- Iowa State football tickets 2017: Buy tickets for Cyclones gamesDieHards