Over a decade after accidentally exposing Janet Jackson's breast on live television, Justin Timberlake might return to the Super Bowl halftime show , according to a new report from US Weekly .
After all, the singer has unfairly borne the brunt of the criticism in the years since "Nipplegate," as it's come to be called, and fans are worried that apparent imbalance may still be an issue.
It was a moment — actually , nine sixteenths of a second — that both Jackson and Timberlake claimed was unplanned , but that didn't stop a naked breast from being broadcast in approximately 143 households all over the country.
She was repeatedly asked to respond to and apologize for the incident, and her initial written statement from February 2004 seems designed to take all the blame on herself:
As Rolling Stone pointed out in a 2014 article analyzing the fall of Jackson's career since Nipplegate, singles from the singer's post-Super Bowl album Damita Jo was barely played on the radio or on MTV.
- Justin Timberlake rumored as Super Bowl LII halftime act for MinneapolisMinneapolis Star Tribune
- Justin Timberlake reportedly 'finalizing' deal to headline Super Bowl LII ...Chicago Tribune
- US Bank Stadium Super Bowl halftime show headliner has reportedly been chosenDuluth News Tribune
- Justin Timberlake in talks to do 2018 Super Bowl halftime show, report saysMyAJC
- Report: Justin Timberlake 'finalizing' deal to perform at Super Bowl halftimeUPI.com
- Get Ready For 2004 Flashbacks, Because Justin Timberlake Might Perform at the ...POPSUGAR Australia
- Why Justin Timberlake Isn't the Right Choice for the Super Bowl Halftime ShowDigital Music News
- Wait, Is Justin Timberlake Doing The Super Bowl Halftime Show Again?Cinema Blend
- Report: Justin Timberlake finalizing deal to be Super Bowl LII halftime performerABC News