Important points that are undecided or secret include the firm's expected annual production total, the cost of the car, or its range or top speed.
First up, we were treated to an old clip of Blue Peter, from the 90s, where Anthea Turner interviewed him about his new device to clean soot from the exhaust of diesel vehicles... it was the cyclone from his vacuum cleaner, put to a different use.
Others such as VW, Volvo, Mercedes, Honda and Jaguar Land Rover have announced plans to sell Electric or hybrid versions of their existing petrol and diesel engine ranges.
Sir James said he had been interested since 1990 in developing filtration technology to stop vehicle diesel emissions polluting the environment.
But as the motor industry had shown no interest in adopting this idea, he would instead join the fast-growing trend to make electric vehicles.
- Dyson to make electric cars by 2020Phys.Org
- Dyson wants to build 'radically different' car by 2020The Detroit News
- James Dyson Reveals Years-Long Secret Project To Build A 'Radical' Electric ...Jalopnik
- Dyson is working on an electric car set to launch by 2020TechCrunch
- Dyson, the Vacuum Cleaner Company, Wants to Make a Freaking Electric CarGizmodo
- Vacuum Tycoon James Dyson To Roll Out An Electric Car By 2020Forbes
- Dyson, famed for vacuum cleaners, aims to build electric carMarketWatch
- Vacuum maker Dyson is building an electric carThe Mercury News
- UK Inventor James Dyson Aims for Electric Car Launch by 2020U.S. News & World Report