Kepler took three rounds of early batting practice at Progressive Field, where he has six of his 18 career road homers.
He also did some running to prove to assistant athletic trainer Tony Leo and Twins manager Paul Molitor that he was ready to play again after sitting out Sunday’s game at Comerica Park, where Kepler has homered four times.
After struggling to a 22.50 earned run average with three homers allowed in a two-week, six-outing span on either side of the July 31 trade deadline, lefty Taylor Rogers has slowly been working back into form.
Molitor said he hadn’t heard any news Tuesday on injured third baseman Miguel Sano , out for the past 38 days with a stress reaction in his left tibia.
The 1986 Twins ( Gary Gaetti, Kirby Puckett, Kent Hrbek, Tom Brunansky and Roy Smalley ) and 1964 Twins ( Harmon Killebrew, Bob Allison, Tony Oliva, Jimmie Hall, Don Mincher and Zoilo Versalles ) also spread the power around.
- Bravo to Minnesota Lynx coach Cheryl ReeveMinneapolis Star Tribune
- Lynx, Sparks must be more consistent in Game 2ESPN
- The 2017 WNBA Finals: Just Another Case of History RepeatingAutostraddle
- After an intense film review, Lynx say they're ready for Game 2Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Lynx's Whalen Purchases Tickets For Local Youth To Attend Game 2 Of FinalsCBS Minnesota / WCCO
- What's the forecast for Cleveland Indians, Minnesota Twins Tuesday-Thursday ...cleveland.com (blog)
- The Minnesota Twins are going to make the postseason, and we aren't ...SB Nation
- What To Watch For: WNBA Finals Game 2ClevelandRockers.com
- NCAA coaches among 10 charged with fraud and corruptionFOXSports.com