After 10 arrests and more than 100 pages of court documents in three separate complaints, the federal government on Tuesday shined an unsparing light on the thriving black market of College Basketball .
“Today is the day that college basketball lost its virginity,” said Sonny Vaccaro, a longtime sneaker company rep who has transformed late in life to an anti-NCAA crusader.
Arizona and USC have preseason top 10 teams and are contenders to reach the Final Four, but assistant coaches at both places were scooped up by authorities.
Early Tuesday morning, a high-major assistant coach called Yahoo Sports and summed up the day’s happenings this way: “It’s like someone left the playbook in the opposing locker room.
An hour later, at the press conference in New York, FBI assistant director William Sweeney declared: “We have your playbook.” And he hinted that there’s more coming: “Our investigation is ongoing and we are conducting additional interviews as we speak.”
- Rick Pitino claims scandal a 'complete shock' with 'a few bad actors' to blameCBSSports.com
- College basketball bribery scandal could ensnare dozens of universitiesPBS NewsHour
- College basketball coaches among those charged with federal crimesCNN
- Rick Pitino's reputation -- and future -- are again in questionESPN
- Witness at center of NCAA basketball bribe scandal is disgraced investment ...CNBC
- UM basketball may be implicated in federal bribery scandalMiami Herald
- Georgia Tech's response to FBI bribery caseAtlanta Journal Constitution
- Don't be shocked college hoops is dirty, be surprised it took so long to be ...CBSSports.com
- NCAA bribery scandal could not come at worse time for AdidasYahoo Finance