In the wake of the national anthem protests in the NFL, which ramped up considerably over the weekend, DirecTV is reportedly allowing some disgruntled football fans to cancel their Sunday Ticket packages with refunds.
That’s according to the Wall Street Journal , which claimed to have gotten confirmation of that change in policy, albeit with some possible restrictions, from customer service representatives Tuesday.
DirecTV customer service representatives contacted by The Post were unable to confirm that the company was providing refunds, but the Journal cited a man who said that, on Monday, he was able to get back the approximately $280 he spent.
The protests, which have included players kneeling during the anthem or raising a fist, began in small numbers at the start of the season earlier this month.
Trump kept up the sharp criticism on Twitter, saying on that platform, “If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL, or other leagues, he or she should not be allowed to disrespect our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem.
- DirecTV said to offer refunds over NFL anthem controversyCNET
- Source: Fans upset by protests can get Sunday Ticket refundsESPN
- Subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket but hate the protests? How you could get a full ...Sacramento Bee
- People who can't handle NFL protests are canceling their DirecTV sports packageMashable
- DirecTV Is Offering Some Customers Refunds Because of the NFL Anthem ProtestsTIME
- DirecTV refunds Sunday Ticket subscribers who are upset over NFL protestsNew York Daily News
- Report: DirecTV Allowing NFL Sunday Ticket Refunds Due To Anthem ProtestsCBS Sacramento
- Report: DirecTV Offering Refunds on Sunday Ticket Package Over Sunday's ProtestsSports Illustrated
- DirectTV Might Be Offering Angry Customers Refunds Over NFL ProtestsThe Daily Caller