The Cubs are one game away from clinching the National League Division title.
The Cubs could have clinched Tuesday night if they had won against the Cardinals or if the Milwaukee Brewers had lost against the Cincinnati Reds.
Monday night the Cubs dominated the diamond in St. Louis against the Cardinals.
Fun Fact: This week in 1935, the Cubs clinched the NL pennant in a double-header sweep of the St. Louis Cardinals.
But can they shake the championship hangover that has plagued other teams?If they win, the Cubs would become the first world champs in 5 years to make it back into the playoffs the following season.
- Cardinals and Brewers put a hold on inevitable Cubs celebrationChicago Tribune
- Cardinals Hang On For 8-7 Win Over CubsCBS St. Louis
- Chicago Cubs' Maddon applauds Russell's 'cheesy' moveChicago Daily Herald
- Duke rescues erratic Martinez in fifthOlean Times Herald
- Cubs Lose to Cardinals, Leaving Magic Number at 1NBC Chicago
- Cubs' Jon Lester doesn't understand why Nacho Man is famousWashington Post
- The Cubs will try to clinch the NL Central on TuesdayYahoo Sports
- Flying Cub Turns Cardinals Fan Into #nachomanCBS St. Louis
- Get off my lawn: Jon Lester breaks down big Cubs winComcast SportsNet Chicago