Epic says that Squad matches are available to play immediately, while Duos "will be activated when there are enough players to support matchmaking in both modes."
We've posted a selection of the patch notes below; you can find the full list of tweaks and additions in update 1.6.3 on Fortnite's website .
The update coincides with the release of Fortnite's Battle Royale mode as a standalone experience, which will be free to play on PlayStation 4 , Xbox One , and PC .
However, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds developer Bluehole spoke out about the mode and threatened taking some "action" against Epic due to similarities between the games.
Fixed a rare issue that caused some players to be unable to play the Save the World mode when connected to Twitch.
- Fortnite Battle Royale COUNTDOWN: Release date, time for PS4 Xbox One PC FREE ...Daily Star
- 'Fortnite Battle Royale' servers down, PUBG developer clarifies issue vs gameInternational Business Times AU
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Reaches 1.5 Million Concurrent UsersDualShockers
- 'Fortnite' vs. 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds: Bluehole's VP Clarifies What ...Newburgh Gazette
- Here's why Playerunknown's Battlegrounds' devs have an issue with Fortnite ...AppsforPCdaily
- Fortnite Battle Royale Servers Down, Epic Investigating (Update)PlayStation LifeStyle
- Here's Why More Games Need To Copy 'PUBG' For The Battle Royale Genre To FlourishForbes
- PUBG executive steps forward to clarify the objection to Fortnite's Battle ...GameZone
- Fortnite Update 1.6.3 Is Hitting Tomorrow and Will Make Battle Royale Free-To-PlayPlayStation LifeStyle