Multiple assistant Coaches have been arrested by the FBI and charged in what court documents are calling a corruption scheme.
Business Insider noted that 10 people in all were arrested, including the four coaches above, as well as managers, financial advisors and representatives at Adidas.
The pair and three other defendents have been charged with "making and concealing bribe payments" to high school student athletes and/or their families.
The player involved with Miami is less clear, though it's a 2018 recruit, and Adidas allegedly discussed paying him $100,000 to $150,000 — less if paid in 2017, and the higher number if the payment could be deferred to 2018.
Additionally, Persons is charged with accepting $50,000 to steer a player to an agent, former NBA official Richan Michel.
- Report: Auburn hoops assistant Chuck Person facing federal corruption charges ...SECcountry.com
- 4 college basketball assistant coaches hit with federal fraud, corruption chargesWNCN
- FBI arrests four college basketball assistants on charges of fraudUSA TODAY
- NCAA coaches among 10 charged with fraud and corruptionMinneapolis Star Tribune
- NCAA basketball coaches, sportswear company reps arrested in corruption scandalWCVB Boston
- US charges 10 with taking part in college basketball bribery schemeReuters
- Federal Charges for 10 in College Basketball Fraud ProbeInside Higher Ed
- NCAA basketball coaches among 10 defendants facing federal charges in alleged ...New York Daily News
- Several NCAA basketball coaches charged in fraud, corruption probeWAVE 3