The accounting firm, which is registered in London and has its global headquarters in New York, has become the latest subject of a cyber security attack which has supposedly compromised 5 million emails.
Daniela_oliiver / PixabayAlthough the full details of the security breach – which has been codenamed Windham now – still remain sketchy, it has come to light that the Deloitte's emails systems (whose mails are stored on Microsoft's Azure Cloud) do not employ multi-factor authentication technology which plays a vital role in securing enterprise mails.
Therefore it's becoming obvious that Deloitte Touche is trying hard to downplay the incident saying the cyber attack has impacted only a few clients, whereas the truth could reveal a surprising number.
Basics like implementing a multi-factor authentication for protecting your email systems which may seem trivial (and often repeated) but can go a long way in safeguarding your enterprises against various security threats.
- Cybercrooks Hack Deloitte Client EmailsPYMNTS.com
- Global Accounting Firm Deloitte Reports CyberattackGears Of Biz
- 'Swept under the rug': Deloitte insider says hackers infiltrated 'entire email ...International Business Times UK
- Cyber attackers breach Deloitte's systemsIndependent Online
- Deloitte falls victim to cyber attack: Prominent client details possibly ...International Business Times, India Edition
- Deloitte says very few clients affected by cyberattackTaipei Times
- Security consulting firm Deloitte hacked exposing millions of emailswww.computing.co.uk
- Deloitte Hit With Email Hack Due To Lack Of Two-Step VerificationMediaPost Communications
- Deloitte turns to Hogan Lovells to fight cyberattackLegal Week