“I do not think the place to express yourself in society is as we recognize the American flag,” Jones told Fox Business at Forbes' 100th anniversary gala last week.
NFL players across the country linked arms, remained seated or knelt during the national Anthem on Sunday, following controversial comments by President Donald Trump.
Jones gave $1 million in 2016 to Trump's inaugural committee through a business called Gladstone Limited Partnership, according to federal records.
A fake news report about Jones went viral this week, claiming he told Cowboys players they would be fired if they don't stand for the anthem.
- Cowboys Kneel Before National Anthem Against ArizonaU.S. News & World Report
- Steelers' Roethlisberger, Villanueva regret team's anthem protest, but for ...Washington Post
- Cowboys, Cardinals lock arms for national anthem in show of unityESPN
- Cowboys Take A Knee In Prayer Before National AnthemCBS DFW
- Jerry Jones kneels with Cowboys players prior to anthem in ArizonaSFGate
- Dez Bryant scores crazy Cowboys TD; Michael Irvin: 'Carrying the whole ...Dallas News (blog)
- Pro-Trump Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Kneels with Players Before 'Monday ...Daily Beast
- What Cowboys are planning to do during anthem tonightDallas News (blog)
- Sunday NFL ratings down, but here come the Cowboys, D-FW to lift the league upDallas News (blog)