We already knew that Hayes’s Character, Donna, would be killed off; we just didn’t know how she would die—or, perhaps even more crucially, how the series would handle her conspicuously sudden absence.
And as it turned out, the show handled Donna’s demise with exactly as much subtlety and delicacy as one would expect from a Kevin James show.__ Donna is dead, but the Season 2 premiere never stated how she died; instead, it made a joke about coupons.
Unlike other actors who’ve been forced to make sudden departures from their sitcoms Hayes doesn’t seem to have done anything wrong.
Well, perhaps this won’t be the end of her story after all; when news of Donna’s imminent death first broke, CBS president Kelly Kahl promised that the reveal would “be treated with dignity and respect, and the show will move forward.” Maybe that means we’ll hear more about this as the season progresses, and Kevin processes his grief.
The opening credits have transformed it into a giant whack-a-mole game, an electric chair, and a roller coaster, among countless other objects—but at heart, the Simpson family’s couch will always be the center of their all-American home.
- Here's How Kevin Can Wait Handled Erinn Hayes' Character's DeathTV Guide
- How long can Kevin wait to hook up with Leah Remini?EW.com (blog)
- How Kevin Can Wait Handled Donna's Death in Season 2 PremiereE! Online
- 'Kevin Can Wait' premiere: The decision to kill off Erinn Hayes's character ...Washington Post
- Kevin James says Kevin Can Wait isn't King of Queens rebootEW.com (blog)
- Fans Are Shocked At How "Kevin Can Wait" Wrote His Wife Off The ShowBuzzFeed News
- Here's how Kevin Can Wait addressed Donna's deathEW.com
- 'Kevin Can Wait' Moves Forward After Erinn Hayes' Surprising Departure in ...Entertainment Tonight
- Kevin James And Leah Remini Reunite For Season 2 Of 'Kevin Can Wait'CBS Las Vegas