She tells off a woman in church for mocking her boy when he speaks during a sermon, mediates arguments between Sheldon and the rest of the family and tries her best to get him to worry less about school and more about playing on his last day of summer.
Still, her ability to lie to spare his feelings comes in handy during the first day of school, when she not only finds him his bow tie, but successfully convinces him to not wear it by bribing him with a trip to Radio Shack.
The teachers find themselves complaining to the principal about Sheldon, but the cavalcade of complaints is no match for the mama bear love of Mary.
It’s not until George Sr. reveals to Sheldon that the only reason they moved to a new town was because he was fired from his old job for telling on other coaches that he gains some perspective.
With at least part of his family learning to adjust to the change, the episode ends on a small victory for young Sheldon, as his mother fulfills her promise and takes him to Radio Shack.
- 'Big Bang Theory' Season 11 premiere recap: Did Amy say 'yes'?Fox News
- The Big Bang Theory Easter Eggs You May Have Missed in Young SheldonTV Guide
- Young Sheldon fails to make a big bangAV Club
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 11 Premiere: Amy's Answer, Stephen Hawking and ...Variety
- Big Bang Theory Premiere: EP Talks Amy's Answer, Bernadette's SurpriseTVLine
- The Big Bang Theory: Did Amy say yes to Sheldon's proposal?EW.com (blog)
- CBS' Young Sheldon Premiere: Grade It!TVLine
- How The Big Bang Theory Premiere Handled Sheldon's Proposal To AmyCinema Blend
- The Big Bang Theory Season 11 Premiere Just Dropped A Crazy Shock On Its ...Cinema Blend