Jerry Brown announced Saturday the signing of a bill making Augustynolophus (Aw-gus-tin-o-lo-fus) morrisi the official dinosaur of the Golden State.
Fossilized remains of the Duckbilled Creature that lived anywhere from 100 million to 66 million years ago have been found only in California.
Several other states and Washington, D.C., also have official dinosaurs.
California has more than 30 state insignia including a state lichen — lace lichen — and a state fabric, denim.
- After 66 million years, creature wins state dinosaur honourNews1130
- California Introduces Official State Dinosaur, On Display At LA County Natural ...KHTS Radio
- California gets its own official state dinosaurLos Angeles Times
- New state dinosaur 'barely' older than Jerry Brown: Assembly joke, right?MyNewsLA.com
- This ancient creature has a new title – as California's official state dinosaurFresno Bee
- California has an official state dinosaur89.3 KPCC
- California Picks Duck-Billed Hadrosaur as Official 'State Dinosaur'MyNewsLA.com
- California gets an official state dinosaur. Can you guess its name?Sacramento Bee
- It took 66 million years, but California gets state dinosaurClay Center Dispatch