Tax and auditing giant Deloitte has confirmed it was targeted by a cyberattack, resulting in the theft of confidential documents and emails.
Deloitte stands as one of the largest private companies in the US, which reported $38.8 billion in revenue last fiscal year.
It offers tax, auditing, consulting, and cybersecurity advisory services to major governments and large Fortune 500 multinationals.
Last month,Equifax revealed its systems had been breached, affecting as many as 143 million consumers .
Zack Whittaker can be reached securely on Signal and WhatsApp at 646-755–8849, and his PGP fingerprint for email is: 4D0E 92F2 E36A EC51 DAAE 5D97 CB8C 15FA EB6C EEA5.
- Deloitte hit by data breachBBC News
- Deloitte hit by cyber attack, says 'very few' clients affectedReuters
- Major accounting firm Deloitte reports extensive cybersecurity breachEngadget
- Deloitte hacked, compromising its clients' emailsCNET
- One of the World's Biggest Accounting Firms Hacked After Basic Security GoofGizmodo
- Deloitte hit by cyberattackThe Hill
- Deloitte says 'very few' clients hit by hackPhys.Org
- Hackers hit accountancy firm Deloitte, stealing plans, emails and passwordsBetaNews
- Deloitte Hit By Sophisticated Cyber AttackThe Daily Caller