If your business isn't already a Gigya customer, then you're most likely to have seen its name flickering in your browser's status or address bar as you log in to consumer websites.
The two companies have been testing the combination on a smaller scale since 2013, when they began offering an integration service for businesses that were joint clients.
Managing customer data on a global scale is going to become increasingly difficult for businesses as privacy laws differ from one country or region to another.
It will bring uniform rules and enforcement across the whole of the European Union, replacing a patchwork of local regimes -- but imposes tougher requirements on businesses to obtain consent from consumers for the manipulation of their data, and to notify them if it is misused.
This month, it has updated its business accelerators, or packaged software solutions, for the financial services and travel industries.
- SAP buys Mountain View customer ID startup for estimated $350MSilicon Valley Business Journal
- SAP gobbles customer identity management startup Gigya for $350mThe Register
- SAP to buy customer identity software company GigyaVentureBeat
- SAP Wants To Help Companies Get a Better Picture of YouFortune
- SAP confirms acquisition of Israel-founded GigyaThe Times of Israel
- SAP Grabs Gigya; Equifax Hack ReverberatesAdExchanger
- SAP buying Israel's Gigya for reported $350 millionISRAEL21c
- SAP Acquires Gigya To Gain Leadership In Customer Identity, Access ManagementMediaPost Communications
- SAP Buying Gigya for Customer Identity and Access ManagementTop Tech News