Three months after trading Jimmy Butler and waiving Rajon Rondo , the Bulls reached agreement on a buyout with Dwyane Wade on Sunday night, the eve of training camp.
The move clears the way for Wade to sign with a contender like the Cavaliers, Thunder or Spurs or possibly return to his beloved Heat.
More importantly, it allows the Bulls to start fresh with their full rebuild and eliminate a potential distraction since Wade preferred to play for his fourth championship at this stage of his career.
Being unselfish, these young players they're giving these opportunities to, they need to have that time to make mistakes and learn as they're growing and building what they envision.
And it also featured him getting fined along with Butler and Rondo — who coined the "Three Alphas" nickname — in January for criticizing his young teammates' effort.
- AP Source: Dwyane Wade, Bulls agree on buyoutMerced Sun-Star
- Sources: Cavs, Spurs, Heat among Dwyane Wade's top suitorsESPN
- Report: Chicago Bulls and Dwyane Wade reach agreement on buyoutNBCSports.com
- Report: Cavaliers considered frontrunner to sign Dwyane Wade247Sports
- Dwyane Wade buyout from Chicago Bulls opens door for Miami HeatSun Sentinel
- Report: Bulls, Dwyane Wade reach buyout agreement; Cavs, Spurs, Heat early leadersCBSSports.com
- Report: Bulls, Dwyane Wade Reach Agreement On BuyoutCBS Chicago
- Dwyane Wade reaches buyout with Bulls; source close to LeBron James believes ...cleveland.com
- Dwyane Wade, Bulls Reach Contract Buyout After 1 Season in ChicagoBleacher Report