According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Rob Kelley and Jordan Reed are not expected to play in the Redskins Sunday night matchup with the Oakland Raiders.
In Week 2 against the Rams, the Redskins running back went down with an injury after having a career performance in the first half alone.
Mack Brown , the team’s fourth back who is likely to be active on Sunday, could be mixed in for a handful of carries, but he will likely see more action on special teams than on offense.
While Schefter acknowledged that he was still a game time decision, the fact that the Redskins are leaning towards sitting him is not an encouraging sign due to Reed’s track record with injuries.
Niles Paul will see more snaps in that role, and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him on the field more than Davis if the Redskins use a run heavy offense.
- Report: Redskins RB Rob Kelley, TE Jordan Reed likely OUT vs Raiders Sunday NightHogs Haven
- Source | Redskins RB Robert Kelley likely out Week 3FanRag Sports (blog)
- Washington Redskins: 3 Key Players in Week 3 vs. RaidersHi-tech Beacon
- Raiders vs. Redskins: How to watch Week 3, broadcast crew info247Sports (blog)
- Redskins vs. Raiders: Riggo's Rag Week 3 Prediction DuelRiggo's Rag
- Report: Starters Jordan Reed and Rob Kelley not expected to play vs RaidersSilver and Black Pride
- Redskins will 'stick with' the running game as long as it's successfulWashington Post
- Redskins' Jordan Reed: Reportedly unlikely to playCBSSports.com
- Redskins' Rob Kelley: Not expected to play SundayCBSSports.com