First, it's important to understand that Activision has a good tailwind at its back due to industrywide growth, which is expected to continue.
With more than 400 million monthly active users and high levels of player engagement across its games, Activision has a significant opportunity to generate meaningful revenue and profits from advertising over time.
At stake for Activision is the opportunity to own a must-watch esports event that attracts millions of viewers and positions the Overwatch creator to generate revenue from marketers who desperately want to reach a millennial viewership that is difficult to access through traditional media.
The high engagement level of the game naturally leads players to spend money on "loot boxes," which unlock additional content in the form of character outfits, profile icons, and other cosmetic items.
With two blockbuster new games releasing this fall -- Call of Duty: World War II and Destiny 2 -- in addition to new money-making opportunities opening up with Overwatch League and in-game advertising, Activision Blizzard is set up to build on its momentum heading into next year.
- Is Activision Blizzard Incorporated (NASDAQ:ATVI)'s Fuel Running Low? Reports ...BZ Weekly
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) Receives Buy Rating from KeyCorpTrueBlueTribune
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) Position Reduced by CI Global ...TrueBlueTribune
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (ATVI) Shares Bought by Alliancebernstein LPWeek Herald
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) Shares Sold by Investment Centers of ...The Ledger Gazette
- Los Angeles Capital Management & Equity Research Inc. Buys 248180 Shares of ...TrueBlueTribune
- Axa Sells 20448 Shares of Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI)The Ledger Gazette
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) Stake Raised by CI Investments Inc.Week Herald
- Piper Jaffray Companies Reaffirms Overweight Rating for Activision Blizzard ...StockNewsTimes