New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, a longtime friend of the president, was among the first to reply on Sunday, saying in a statement:
I think our political leaders could learn a lot from the lessons of teamwork and the importance of working together toward a common goal.
Our players are intelligent, thoughtful and care deeply about our community and I support their right to peacefully affect social change and raise awareness in a manner that they feel is most impactful.”
Lions owner Martha Firestone Ford said “thanks primarily to our players, the NFL also has been a unifying force in our country and impactful change has and hopefully will continue to be the result of peaceful expression, done so in order to highlight social injustices of all kind.
- London-born Jermaine Eluemunor is active for first time in his career; Skura ...Baltimore Sun
- Watch the NFL's London game at 9:30AM EasternGears Of Biz
- Jaguars and Ravens players kneel during national anthem, stand during 'God ...New York Daily News
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Jacksonville Jaguars LIVE SCORE UPDATES and STATS (9/24 ...NJ.com
- Ravens Fans & Players Prep In London For Big Game Sunday MorningCBS Baltimore / WJZ
- NFL could expand London slate to eight, schedule one team for multiple gamesCBS sports.com (blog)
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Jaguars: Game day bullet pointsThe Ebony Bird
- Dozens of players kneel, link arms at first NFL game since Trump remarksABC News
- Ravens-Jaguars 0924 LiveBaltimore Sun