Former Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork is returning to Foxboro ahead of today’s game against the Texans to take part in a meat-filled farewell tailgate with fans, as advertised by his epic, overall-clad retirement video in August.
“If you’re looking for one of those Tom Brady -type barbecues, that won’t be happening here,” Wilfork told the Track .
The newly retired Pro Bowler, who’s currently planning on “take the year off and let my hair down,” said tailgating has long been a dream of his, but he’s never had the opportunity to do it because of that whole always having to play in the football game thing.
His farewell tailgate, which is being held at Bass Pro Shop in partnership with Kingsford , was originally scheduled for the Patriots ’ Sept. 7 season opener but when Hurricane Harvey hit Wilfork’s new home city of Houston, he rescheduled so he could stay down South and help with the recovery efforts.
As to whether he’ll bust out those jean overalls at the tailgate, Wilfork said: “That’s up in the air.
- Sunday NFL Thoughts: Injuries are seriously mounting up for the Patriots ...Pats Pulpit
- Patriots represent the kind of challenge the Texans must overcomeHouston Chronicle
- Kevin McNamara: Texans confident in their chancesThe Providence Journal
- Houston Texans at NE Patriots: 2017 Week 3 Injury Report AnalysisHouse of Houston
- Texans' Watson expects mixed bag of tricks fro PatriotsSan Antonio Express-News (subscription)
- 3 things Patriots fans should know about TexansPatriots Wire
- Texans Have New Face for PatriotsValley News
- Texans' keys to victory against PatriotsToro Times
- New England Patriots News 9-24, AFC East NotesPatsFans.com (blog)