SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Junior Eva van't Hoog scored 1:26 into overtime on Saturday to earn North Carolina a 3-2 Atlantic Coast Conference field hockey victory at No.
The Tar Heels get very little time to savor it, as they'll be back in action less than 24 hours after celebrating van't Hoog's second gamewinner of the season.
Saturday, on an unseasonably warm afternoon in Syracuse, UNC held a 2-1 lead as the game clock ran out, but SU had a penalty corner to take.
Senior Gab Major deflected Ashley Hoffman's shot in from the left side of the cage, past a diving Orange goalkeeper.
In the 52nd minute of play, van't Hoog scored her first goal of the game, on a pass from Guenther to the left side of the cage.
- Duke rallies past North Carolina in fourth quarter 27-17Durham Herald Sun
- Wilson, Fields help Duke beat rival UNC, 27-17News & Observer
- North Carolina won't celebrate its NCAA men's basketball title at the White HouseWashington Post
- Championship UNC men's basketball team will not visit the White HouseYahoo Sports
- UNC men's basketball team won't visit White HouseWashington Examiner
- This is what Twittersphere is saying about UNC skipping White House visitDurham Herald Sun
- Editorial BoardDuke Chronicle
- UNC national championship team not visiting White HouseDurham Herald Sun
- North Carolina team skipping White House visit due to schedule conflictChicago Tribune