College football fans around the country often watch the battle between Notre Dame and Michigan State.
George Gipp, who played at Notre Dame during World War I, held the previous school record for the fastest to 2,000 yards rushing.
Dantonio's defense is led byJoe Bachie, who has a team-high 21 tackles,and is allowing only 91.5 yards per game on the ground.
They couldbe key to preventing the types of big runs the Spartans had in last year's meeting when they ran for 260 yards.
- Michigan State-Notre Dame football rivalry means a little 'extra'Detroit Free Press
- Michigan State recruiting: Spartans' expected visitors for Notre Dame gameLandof10.com
- Keep a 360-degree view on Notre Dame-Michigan football game using Fox Sports VRDigital Trends
- Campus Check-In: Notre Dame says so long to the Spartans – for nowCLTV
- 'Little Giants' looms large in MSU-Notre Dame loreThe Detroit News
- Wendy's Fuels Fox Sports' Social VR EffortAdAge.com
- Friday at 4: Four things you do not seeNBCSports.com
- MSU vs. Notre Dame: View from the other sideThe Detroit News
- Spartans, Irish renew rivalry after 2016 strugglesnwitimes.com