This week in Inside Gaming we share MGM's new plan to build a casino in Connecticut (as well as others' objections to it), we tell how Nevada officials will soon be considering how the state's gaming industry might need to address its fledgling new recreational marijuana industry, we note the four-year anniversary of one of the United States' few online poker sites, and we share how Mississippi casinos have been faring of late.
The new casino — to be called MGM Bridgeport (an artist's rendering appears above) — was first introduced in a media advisory, followed by a press conference on Monday at which further details were outlined.
That's because Governor Dannel Malloy signed an act in July that allows only the state's two federally recognized tribes, the Mashantucket Pequots and Mohegans , to build a new gaming facility.
The current law only allows recreational marijuana use in private homes and prohibits its use in casinos, bars, parks, restaurants, and other public areas.
To mark the occasion, the Las Vegas Sun shared a Q&A with the site's head of online poker Bill Rini and Vice President of Corporate Communications at Caesars Interactive Entertainment Seth Palansky .
- MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM) Insider Sells 49179 Shares of StockHi-tech Beacon
- Quantbot Technologies LP Purchases Shares of 222822 MGM Resorts International ...Newburgh Gazette
- Is MGM Resorts International (MGM) a good buy?ExpressNewsline
- Toni Harp: Casino benefits undeniableCT Post
- 'Show' time: MGM Resorts' new ad campaign impresses the expertsLas Vegas Sun
- Which Way Traders Signposts MGM Resorts International (MGM), eBay Inc. (EBAY ...StockNewsJournal
- Investors Buy Shares of MGM Resorts International (MGM) on WeaknessStockNewsTimes
- An End-of-Day Technical Review: MGM Resorts International (MGM), UBS Group AG ...Post Analyst
- The technical Chart For MGM Resorts International (MGM), Visa Inc. (V) Is ...NY Stock News