On Thursday, police arrested a man, 51, from Epsom, Surrey, on suspicion of aggravated trespass.
A woman, 36, from Stoke Newington, London, and a man, 46, from Cleveley, Oxfordshire, were also arrested under the Merchant Shipping Act 1995 on suspicion of entering a vessel.
Media captionGreenpeace protesters target VW cars at Sheerness docksGreenpeace said the ship had been delivering vehicles to the vehicle park at Sheerness, where several thousand VW Diesel cars were awaiting distribution to suppliers.
Image copyrightGreenpeaceImage caption The ship left Sheerness after the protest on Thursday and was later anchored at Margate In September 2015 VW admitted to US regulators it had cheated on emissions tests there using software installed in as many as 11 million diesel vehicles sold worldwide - the majority of them in Europe.
In March the company pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit fraud, obstruction of justice and entry of goods by false statement as part of a $4.3bn (£3.5bn) agreement with the US regulators over the scandal.
- 2018 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel: What You Need to KnowU.S. News & World Report
- Greenpeace activists try to stop VW diesel car delivery to UKIndependent Online
- Three arrested after Greenpeace volunteers storm Volkswagen shipexpressandstar.com
- Greenpeace Activists Storm Ship To Stop VW Diesel Imports In UKMotor1.com
- Greenpeace volunteers in kayaks and boats have surrounded a 23000 tonne ship ...Greenpeace UK
- Greenpeace protest over diesel cars continues at Sheerness docks as three are ...Kent Online
- Protesters storm cargo ship to keep VW diesel vehicles out of BritainGephardt Daily
- Greenpeace protestors board ship delivering VW diesels, more break into ...Gears Of Biz
- Enviro Activists Attempt To Sabotage Ship Transporting VW VehiclesThe Daily Caller