Following last night’s strong comments about the NFL, both as to anthem protests and the lack of old-school violence, Donald Trump has rescinded the Invitation extended to the Golden State Warriors to visit the White House.
“Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team,” Trump tweeted within the last hour.
And so now comes the un-vitation, which possibly is an effort to avoid the indignity of swinging the door open for the Warriors and having no one walk through it.
Because come February another Super Bowl champion will be crowned, and it’s possible that one or more of the key players will express similar ambivalence about visiting the White House, especially after last night’s verbal assault from the man who lives there.
Which means it’s possible that the President will un-invite — or never invite at all — the NFL champions to pay him a visit.
- Trump withdraws Golden State Warriors' White House invitation, cites Stephen ...AL.com
- Didn't want you here anyway! Trump WITHDRAWS invitation to NBA champions ...Daily Mail
- Trump Withdraws NBA White House Invitation After Steph Curry Said He Would SkipBuzzFeed News
- Trump: NBA champion Warriors aren't welcome at the White HouseKOAT Albuquerque
- Trump attacks Stephen Curry, disinvites the Golden State Warriors from the ...Business Insider
- Trump blocks Stephen Curry's shot at visiting the White House after he says he ...Washington Examiner
- President Donald Trump rescinds Warriors White House invitationKUTV 2News
- Trump tells NBA star Curry that White House visit is offYahoo Sports
- Trump responds to NBA star Steph Curry, says invitation to White House 'is ...ABC News