While the Broncos aren’t quite at the level they were during the Chris Petersen days, the Cavaliers need to be careful of an offense that is still capable of putting up points.
Kansas transfer Montell Cozart got the start for the Broncos against the Lobos and had a decent day in the win.
One thing to keep an eye on for Boise on the defensive side of the ball is the availability of David Moa, an all-Mountain West pick a season ago, who was arrested early Saturday for disturbing the peace .
Quarterback Kurt Benkert had an outstanding game, finishing with a program-record 455 yards and three touchdowns to three different receivers on 30 of 40 passing.
Virginia did commit nine turnovers for 109 yards despite the win, something that head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his staff likely highlighted this week in the film room.
- Live: Boise State 0, Virginia 0 (first quarter); Moa won't start after arrestIdaho Statesman
- Virginia football vs. Boise State: Time, TV schedule, game preview, scoreWDIV Detroit
- What to Watch: Virginia heads west to face Boise StateStreaking The Lawn (blog)
- UVA braces for big start from Boise StateRichmond.com
- Bronco point spreads are an adventureKTVB
- Bronco or Broncos?Mountain West Connection
- Virginia at Boise State: 3 keys for the CavaliersRichmond.com
- U.Va.'s Mendenhall knows perils of short rest for road gamesDaily Press (blog)
- College Football Predictions: Virginia vs. Boise State 9/22/17TheSpread.com