Charles Rosa is taking the high road in response to opponent Mizuto Hirota being pulled from Ufc Fight Night 117 at the last minute due to a botched weight cut.
Despite UFC officials originally stating Hirota was fit to compete, it was later decided that due to “health and safety concerns,” the Japanese fighter would not step in the octagon in his home country.
Although athlete safety should always come first, it’s a disappointing turn of events for Rosa, who put in a full training camp, flew all the way from Florida and made weight in a professional manner.
Unfortunately, my @UFC fight versus Mizuto Hirota was cancelled early this morning for his safety by medical doctors.
Watch a live video stream of the UFC Fight Night 117 post-event press conference from Japan here on MMAjunkie at approximately 1:15 a.m.
- UFC Japan preview and quick picks for 'Saint Preux vs Okami'MMAmania.com
- UFC Japan results: Verdicts and reaction from the Saitama Super ArenaDaily Star
- Opinion: Will Gokhan Saki Hold Up His End of the Bargain?Sherdog.com
- UFC Japan Preview: Ovince Saint Preux Takes On Yushin OkamiThe Sportsman
- How to watch UFC Fight Night 117: 'Saint Preux vs Okami' TONIGHT in JapanMMAmania.com
- UFC Fight Night 117 fight card: Ovince Saint Preux vs Yushin Okami previewMMAmania.com
- UFC Japan 2017 live stream: Start time, TV schedule, and how to watch Okami vs ...SB Nation
- UFC Japan 2017 card: Full list of undercard matches for Okami vs. Saint PreuxSB Nation
- UFC Fight Night 117 | Saint Preux vs Okami live resultsFanRag Sports (blog)