Yankees starting pitcher Masahiro Tanaka (19) walks toward the dugout after being relieved in the sixth inning during a game against the Toronto Blue Jays at Rogers Centre on Friday, Sept. 22, 2017.
TORONTO – Shortly after Aaron Judge blasted the longest home run this season at Rogers Centre, the Yankees’ night started going in the wrong direction.
Any hopes of clinching an AL wild card berth were put on hold after the Blue Jays’ 8-1 win, ensuring the Yankees another losing record in Canada.
Frazier doubled to lead off the third inning, and he was still on second base with one out when Jacoby Ellsbury’s long, line drive to right was tracked down on a fine running catch by Jose Bautista – extending his glove and saving a possible run-scoring extra-base hit.
Frazier complained to Carlson, but the Yankees didn’t even bother to ask for replay review of a play that ended the inning, with Judge on deck.
- Blue Jays noncommittal on dugout nettingToronto Star
- Pride, confidence, swagger: The legend of Jose Bautista leaves an indelible ...National Post
- WATCH: Yankees' Aaron Judge hits 469-foot bomb for homer No. 46NJ.com
- Bautista regrets final Jays script wasn't flipped: DiMannoToronto Star
- Bautista's strikeout record an unfortunate footnote on Blue Jays careerYahoo Canada Sports
- Strong Blue Jays attendance leads to complicated off-seasonSportsnet.ca
- Masahiro Tanaka shelled as Yankees playoff pursuit stallsNew York Post
- Yankees, Blue Jays lineups for Friday | Clint Frazier inNJ.com
- Gotcha! Jays' Goins gets Todd Frazier with hidden-ball trickMetroNews Canada