For the past month, the 33-year-old Anthony had reportedly been set on accepting a trade to the Houston Rockets , a team that has been interested in acquiring the 10-time All-Star.
They have refused any offer from the Rockets, and with Knicks training camp starting Monday, time is running out for a deal to happen.
According to NY Daily News ’ Frank Isola, Anthony and his family had “mentally” moved onto Houston, who traded for one of Anthony’s close friends, Chris Paul, this summer.
However, the Cavaliers also have a new general manager — Koby Altman, officially hired in late July — and there’s the looming question whether LeBron James will leave in the summer of 2018.
His willingness to soften his no-trade clause makes it clear that he’s ready to leave, and it’s only a matter of time until the Knicks comply with his wishes.
- Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors: Knicks Star Would Accept Move to CavaliersBleacher Report
- Sources: Carmelo Anthony has Cavaliers, Thunder in expanded wish list to KnicksESPN
- Report: Carmelo Anthony now open to trade to CavaliersCBSSports.com
- Report: Cavaliers, Thunder Among Carmelo Anthony's Preferred Trade DestinationsSports Illustrated
- Report: Carmelo Anthony willing to accept trade to Cleveland CavaliersNBA.com (blog)
- Report: Knicks reach out to mystery team about Carmelo Anthony trade, say it's ...CBSSports.com
- Report: Carmelo Anthony adds two teams to trade wish list; unclear if Blazers ...kgw.com
- Is Carmelo Anthony willing to join Cleveland Cavaliers?fox8.com
- Report: Carmelo Anthony adds Cavs to list of teams he'd accept trade toSportsnet.ca