Shortly before the Los Angeles Dodgers tried to clinch the NL West on Friday night, they threw a party.
During a pregame ceremony, the Hall of Fame manager was surrounded by more than a dozen former players, ex-general manager Fred Claire, Hall of Fame announcer Jaime Jarrin and Commissioner Rob Manfred.
Lasorda managed the Dodgers to their last World Series championship in 1988, his second title during a 21-year run leading the club.
This is his 68th season working with the Dodgers, who currently list him as an advisor to team chairman Mark Walter.
"He understood the talent and skill of the players and helped hone them," said former Dodgers third baseman Ron Cey.
- Dodger Stadium Celebrates Tommy Lasorda's 90th BirthdayCBS Los Angeles
- Dodgers snap losing streak with win over PhilliesGulf Times
- San Francisco Giants Begin Final Road Trip of the SeasonAround the Foghorn
- Dodgers vs. Giants starting pitchers, game times, TV info & moreTrue Blue LA
- Dodgers: The bullpen woes must be eliminated in OctoberLA Sports Hub
- Dodgers News: Corey Seager Expected To Miss Multiple Games Due To Sore AnkleDodger Blue (blog)
- Dodgers can clinch NL West on FridayYahoo Sports
- Justin Turner exits early after HBP on right thumbTrue Blue LA
- Corey Seager ReturnsRotoBaller (subscription) (blog)