Fortunately, Steamworld Dig 2 delivers more of everything that made the original great, and does a fantastic job expanding the universe Image and Form has created.
You'll still dig deep beneath a steampunk old West town, returning to the surface to sell your glittering treasures and buy upgrades before heading back into the depths.
The enemies and obstacles are all vivid and detailed, and I especially enjoyed swatting explosive, poisonous fairies at the crystallized acid jello in the mushroom forest.
The challenge level felt perfect, though you can grind a bit by bringing every scrap of ore up to the surface and upgrading your systems before you make a descent.
Every upgrade you find is incredibly useful, and the caves off the main path allow you to demonstrate mastery of one of your skills in exchange for cogs and artifacts, and usually a nice bit of treasure.
- SteamWorld Dig 2 is impossible to put downVentureBeat
- Discover and destroy a deep Metroid-style world in SteamWorld Dig 2PC Gamer
- Here's The SteamWorld Dig 2 Launch TrailerMy Nintendo News (blog)
- SteamWorld Dig 2 isn't over when you complete itVideogamer.com
- A smashing return to the steampunk Wild West.IGN India
- SteamWorld Dig 2 is available now on SwitchMalvern Daily Record
- SteamWorld Dig 2 (Switch) ReviewVooks
- SteamWorld Dig 2 review – excavation exultationMetro
- SteamWorld Dig 2 Is All About Finding Cool StuffKotaku Australia