Yesterday, the BU CTE Center announced that doctors found an advanced form of chronic traumatic encephalopathy in the brain of a football player who died at 27.
But Hernandez is the first big name player to represent the fact that CTE is a crisis for modern football at all levels, not just a debilitating problem for pro vets of bygone eras.
LATER TODAY ON THE MMQB: Michael McKnight has a special report on Rams fans ... Breer previews Sunday's top five games ... Andy Benoit shares 10 things ... and more.
Malcolm Jenkins , Anquan Boldin , Torrey Smith and Michael Bennett sent a memo to the league office requesting that the NFL have November "serve as a month of Unity for individual teams to engage and impact the community in their market,” among other ideas.
Jerry McDonald has a surprisingly touching story about the mark left by late Raiders owner Al Davis on his final draft pick, upcoming Oakland opponent Terrelle Pryor .
- Aaron Hernandez's Brain Reveals Signs Of CTE, Says LawyerMaine Public
- NFL Notes: Aaron Hernandez had severe CTE; daughter sues NFL, PatriotsComcast SportsNet Philadelphia
- Aaron Hernandez Found to Have Severe CTENew York Times
- Aaron Hernandez's family to sue NFL as tests reveal killer suffered 'severe ...The Sun
- Attorney: Tests show Aaron Hernandez had CTECNN
- Disgraced ex-Patriots player Aaron Hernandez found to have CTE and early brain ...Los Angeles Times
- No Comment Yet From Patriots, NFL on Hernandez CTE LawsuitNECN
- Tests reveal Aaron Hernandez had 'severe' CTEBoston Herald
- Thursday's Sports in BriefColumbus Ledger-Enquirer