I fully support TfL’s decision - it would be wrong if TfL continued to License Uber if there is any way that this could pose a threat to Londoners’ safety and security.
"3.5 million Londoners who use our app, and more than 40,000 licensed drivers who rely on Uber to make a living, will be astounded by this decision.
If this decision stands, it will put more than 40,000 licensed drivers out of work and deprive Londoners of a convenient and affordable form of transport.
To defend the livelihoods of all those drivers, and the consumer choice of millions of Londoners who use our app, we intend to immediately challenge this in the courts.
This ban would show the world that, far from being open, London is closed to innovative companies who bring choice to consumers."
- Uber's London license revoked; regulator cites company's conductThe Mercury News
- Uber to lose its license to operate in London; authorities cite 'deteriorating ...Chicago Tribune
- Uber loses its license to operate in LondonThe Verge
- Uber stripped of its license to operate in LondonReuters.com
- Uber loses license to operate in LondonZDNet
- London rejects Uber's license, saying ride-share not 'fit and proper'Washington Post
- Uber's London Private Hire License Revoked by Transport BodyBloomberg
- What does Uber losing its licence mean for Londoners - and when will the ...Telegraph.co.uk
- London says it won't renew Uber's licenseWSLS