Food maker General Mills said Thursday that Classic Trix will return to supermarket shelves in October.
"We heard from many Trix fans that they missed the bright vibrant Colors and the nostalgic taste of the classic Trix cereal," said spokesman Mike Siemienas, explaining the move, which was first reported by The Wall Street Journal.
In early 2016, General Mills switched to using natural sources for color, such as turmeric, strawberries and radishes.
But the cereal lost its famous neon colors, and the blue and green pieces had to go because the company couldn't find natural replacements.
General Mills Inc. said it is also working on bringing back another fan favorite: Trix made in shapes of fruits, which it stopped selling a decade ago to return to round pieces.
- Trix cereal is bringing back artificial colors because customers complainedCNBC
- Trix with artificial flavors coming back after customer complaintsKSAT San Antonio
- Vivid, colorful original Trix is returning to storesMinneapolis Star Tribune
- Classic Trix is coming back after fans reject new recipeFox News
- Surging stock market powers US wealth to $96.2 trillionSTLtoday.com
- Trix Is Bringing Back Artificial Flavors and Your Childhood Is Now RestoredPOPSUGAR
- Trix to bring BACK artificial flavors and colors after going 'all natural' two ...Daily Mail
- Your Friday Wake-Up Call: Facebook Confronts Big Issues. And General Mills ...AdAge.com
- General Mills to bring back old Trix with artificial colorsUSA TODAY