After all of Valentine's followers' heads exploded at the end of the first film thanks to cranial implants that were meant to save them from a worldwide culling, Charlie was presumed dead, but now he's back for Kingsman: The Golden Circle .
After suffering through his disfigurement, an even angrier and more vengeful Charlie then joined up with Poppy (Julianne Moore) — the main antagonist of the new film — and she fitted him with a new voice box and robotic arm to make him into some kind of super soldier. "
His implant exploded sideways in the first film , and he lost an arm as a result," director Michael Vaughn told Empire 's Chris Hewitt.
20th Century Fox on YouTube And while Charlie is sporting a new look (he's got a shaved head to go along with his robotic arm) and a new employer, his is actually the least surprising return from the dead following the first film.
The plot synopsis of the new film sees the Kingsman essentially wiped out, after an attack on their headquarters by a mysterious crime syndicate called The Golden Circle leaves their organization in ruins.
- Review: Cluttered 'Kingsman' falls into self-parodyThe Detroit News
- Chuck Koplinski: 'Kingsman: Golden Circle' revels in going over the topChampaign/Urbana News-Gazette
- Does That Stupid Anal Sex Joke Really Ruin The First 'Kingsman' Movie?Decider
- Taron Egerton Was as Uncomfortable About That Kingsman 2 Sex Scene as the Rest ...The Mary Sue
- Taron Egerton Defends The Controversial Sex Scene In Kingsman: Golden CircleRefinery29
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle Review: Everything's Bigger In America, for Better ...GQ Magazine
- Matthew Vaughn Looks at 'Kingsman' as the BeatlesComicbook.com
- The Four Surprising Characters That Inspired Julianne Moore's Kingsman VillainCinema Blend
- Review: Kingsman: The Golden CircleDestructoid