By Updated Sept. 20, 2017 11:26 p.m.
ET Alphabet Inc.’s Google said it would buy part of struggling Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC Corp. for $1.1 billion in cash, as it accelerates its efforts to crack the handset market.
Google said an HTC team that helped develop Google’s flagship Pixel smartphone will join the company.
The Mountain View, Calif., company will also get a...
- Pixelbook leak: Google's new high-end Chromebook expected October 4ZDNet
- Motorola redux? Google appears set to buy HTCArs Technica
- Google makes 'acqui-hire' deal for HTC staff, intellectual propertyUSA TODAY
- Spoiler alert: Google's Pixel event will still be more exciting than Apple's ...PCWorld
- Google Is Close to Buying HTC Assets to Bolster HardwareBloomberg
- Google reportedly close to buying HTC assets to bolster hardwareSeattle Times
- Google is close to purchasing HTC assets, reports BloombergThe Verge
- Google close to buying smartphone maker HTC's assets: Reportgulfnews.com
- Rumors Of Google Buying HTC Trigger Trading Halt: More Than Rumors?ValueWalk