This erroneous report stems from a comment GloFlo's CEO Sanjay Jha made on stage on Wednesday at the fab's annual get-together in San Jose.
But what Jha actually said—which we can confirm because we were present to hear it firsthand—was that GlobalFoundries is trying to attract companies as Business models change:
Jim Keller, formerly the chief architect for AMD's microprocessors, is now VP of autopilot hardware at Tesla.
Last year, AMD lost what Tesla CEO Elon Musk called a tight race against Nvidia for the auto company's GPU/AI business.
Further, during a presentation at the Deutsche Bank Technology Conference last week , AMD CFO Devinder Kumar responded to a question from AMD's U.S. semiconductor research chief Ross Seymore about downward pressure on the company's semi-custom business due to the cyclical nature of the gaming console business by saying that although revenue will be down year over year, there are "design wins" coming.
- Tesla Working With AMD to Develop AI Chip for Self-Driving CarNews18
- Nvidia: Nevermind AMD 'Noise,' They'll Be Fine, Says RBCBarron's
- CNBC: Tesla is working on its own AI chip with help from AMDEngadget
- Tesla could be working on its own artificial intelligence chip with AMD for ...Firstpost
- Tesla gets one step closer to complete autonomy with in-house chipTechRadar India
- AMD's stock surges on heavy volume after report Tesla was working with the ...MarketWatch
- NVIDIA (NVDA): Remember, TSLA Is StreetInsider.com
- Tesla may be working with AMD on AI chip for carsNeowin
- AMD (AMD) Partner Globalfoundries Isn't Working with Tesla (TSLA) on New Chip ...StreetInsider.com