The front view makes the XC40 look almost indistinguishable from its bigger brothers, especially at night when the "Hammer of Thor" headlights can shine in their unique shape.
The rear pillar of the XC40 is much wider than on Volvo's other SUVs, and two-tone paint, shown in initial photos, make it stand apart.
That will likely mean forced induction through Volvo's unique combination of supercharging and turbocharging, making 250 horsepower, similar to the XC60 T5.
Volvo's City Safety system uses cameras to identify pedestrians, cyclists, cars and even large animals, automatically hitting the brakes if it determines a collision is imminent.
For driving convenience, the XC40 also includes Volvo's Pilot Assist, which combines adaptive cruise control and lane keeping technologies, putting it on a path towards self-driving.
- Volvo rolls out compact SUV in latest upmarket shift under GeelyReuters
- New Volvo XC40 breaks cover in Italy, India launch soonTimes of India
- Volvo unveils new XC40 compact SUV in Milanexpressandstar.com
- Volvo designer achieves rare feat with XC40Automotive News (subscription) (blog)
- Volvo XC40 Unveiled; Will Launch In India In 2018NDTVAuto.com
- New Volvo XC40 2018 REVEALED - UK price, specs, pictures and everything you ...Express.co.uk
- New Volvo XC40 launch event - Brand-new SUV revealed in Milan via live stream.Express.co.uk
- This is Volvo's XC40, and it's coming to SAIndependent Online
- Why Volvo picked XC40 to launch VIP serviceAutomotive News (subscription) (blog)