In its finale cliffhanger, The Good Place transformed from quirky sitcom to TV masterpiece, revealing that the immaculate, fro-yo laden utopia its characters had come to know as heaven was actually an elaborate artifice for hell.
With their memories wiped, Eleanor, Chidi, Jason, and Tahani — the four unfortunate souls at the heart of Michael's psychological torture test — will find themselves once again at the gates of the so-called "Good Place," except this time, the audience will be in on the joke, and the focus will need to change accordingly.
The Good Place on YouTube The premiere picks up with Michael's newly rebooted experiment , which, as he said in a sneak peek, will keep "everything from version one that made them miserable [and add] a bunch of new stuff they'll hate," like the fact that "all the coffee is from those little pods."
Colleen Hayes/NBC As for what that entails, it's not immediately clear, but William Jackson Harper (Chidi) told Entertainment Weekly it will include " acupuncture and pigs ," while Schur teased to Variety in the aforementioned piecethat they'll continue to explore "what the rest of the afterlife looks like," as they did in Season 1 with the Medium Place.
His indecision was stifling, and in many ways selfish, but his intentions were pure, making it difficult to understand how he was placed on par with someone like Eleanor, an impulsive drunk who rarely thought of anyone besides herself.
- 'The Good Place' Season 2 Changes Give The Comedy "A Whole New Meaning ...Bustle
- The Good Place season 2: Kristen Bell teases Eleanor's 'Veronica Mars mode'EW.com (blog)
- 'The Good Place' Boss on Season 2: More Michael, More POVs, More Individual ...Variety
- Watch Kristen Bell's amazing video of her castmates finding out the shocking ...EW.com (blog)
- The Good Place: Season 2 ReviewOutkick the Coverage
- The Good Place creator hints that 'things go off the rails' for Michael in ...EW.com (blog)
- The Good Place Is Still TV HeavenThe Atlantic
- The Good Place's Second Season Is Just Like HeavenSlate Magazine (blog)
- 'The Good Place' pulled off an ambitious twist last season. Can it keep ...Los Angeles Times