LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Kohl’s announced Tuesday that it will Accept Amazon Returns starting in October in a move the company touted as “unprecedented and innovative.”
Kohl’s will pack and ship the returned items back to the giant online retailer for free.
“This is a great example of how Kohl’s and Amazon are leveraging each other’s strengths – the power of Kohl’s store portfolio and omnichannel capabilities combined with the power of Amazon’s reach and loyal customer base,” said Richard Schepp, Chief Administrative Officer.
Earlier this month, Kohl’s announced it was selling the Alexa-enabled Echo smart speaker, Fire TV, tablets and other Amazon-branded devices in 10 of its stores.
The partnership came at a time when big-box stores have been struggling to keep up with today’s rapidly changing retail landscape that has shifted toward online sales.
- Amazon is firing on all cylinders to grow its retail presenceCNBC
- Kohl's will now pack and ship Amazon returns for youGears Of Biz
- Kohl's to accept Amazon returns at some storesCBS News
- Kohl's might be making the same catastrophic mistake that spelled doom for ...Markets Insider
- Kohl's to accept Amazon returns in 82 storesTODAYonline
- Kohl's will let Amazon customers return stuff for freeCNNMoney
- Kohl's to accept Amazon returnsSarasota Herald-Tribune
- Amazon's Next Act Takes Place in the Real WorldBloomberg
- Kohl's will accept Amazon returns at 82 stores starting in OctoberThe Daily Dot