COLLEGE STATION (AP) — Texas A&M freshman quarterback Kellen Mond has improved in each of his three games this season.
Mond played his first full game in a 45-21 win over Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday after splitting time with Nick Starkel in the opener and Jake Hubenak in Week 2.
The Aggies are looking for ways to get star receiver Christian Kirk more involved after he was limited to 14 catches for 141 yards through three games.
Sumlin knows Kirk is probably frustrated with his decreased production this season, but was quick to point out that his mere presence on the field helps the entire offense.
“I think what you saw in a couple of these games was our ability to take advantage of that displacement of defense … and running the ball the other way for long yardage because they’re minus-1 that way.”
- Mixed signals: Aggies on 7th starter at QB since '14WholeHogSports
- 'We all don't want to play 70 plays': How Texas A&M's freshman class is making ...Dallas News (blog)
- Wins for A&M could be hard to come by this season and next seasonBryan-College Station Eagle (blog)
- Texas A&M Football: Rest of the way game-by-game predictionsGig 'Em Gazette
- 2018 SEC football schedule release: Full team-by-team schedules and takeawaysCBSSports.com
- Texas A&M 2018 football schedule revealed: Find out when the Aggies play ...Dallas News (blog)
- #Mizzou releases 2018 football scheduleMissourinet.com
- Kentucky Unveils 2018 Football ScheduleRivals.com (press release)
- Kentucky football will host Murray State in '18messenger-inquirer