What Penn State head coach James Franklin said at his weekly teleconference:
On the pink visitors’ locker room at Iowa’s Kinnick Stadium: “I think it’s awesome.
I’m actually going to talk to our guys about it being a really, really nice gesture by the University of Iowa to welcome Penn State, since our original school colors are pink and black, and how wonderful it is that they painted their locker room pink for us.
He came to the sideline and he goes, ‘That one’s on me, I just missed it.’ To me as a coach, there’s a lot of value in that when you’ve got a guy that is going to say, I just mis-hit it, rather than the guy that every time he misses it, it’s the snapper or the hold or the wind or the rain or whatever it is.
On running the football to keep the clock moving in the last four minutes: “You read all the c-oaching books and the four-minute offense is, you run the ball, you milk the clock and you win the game on your terms.
- Wadley has learned his celebration lessonBurlington Hawk Eye
- Big Ten coaches walk tightrope of public criticismThe Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines
- For his next TD celebration, Iowa's Akrum Wadley will ...The Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines
- Wadley 'shocked' by response to celebrationSioux City Journal
- Rare season for coach Kirk Ferentz as freshmen making presence felt for HawkeyesOmaha World-Herald
- Penn State readies for Iowa and its soothing pink locker roomAllentown Morning Call
- Why Iowa recently plays its freshmen early, and how it helps the program developLandof10.com
- Can old-school Iowa control the ball -- and the game -- vs Penn State's new ...PennLive.com
- No. 4 Penn State to clash with 3-0 Iowa (Sep 23, 2017)FOXSports.com