The NASA-funded UH Manoa project experiments on how human habitation would be on Mars with all the available data collected and expertise.
As reported by Hawaii Edu , during their eight month stay in HI-SEAS, the crew members had to explore the site wearing hazmat suits.
As part of their experience, they had to learn how to cook with dehydrated food, and also grow and harvest fresh produce.
As they prepared for the end of their mission, and exited the dome, the crew members were welcomed by their family and friends.
- Scientists Finish Experiment to Mimic Astronauts' Lives on EarthAsharq Al-awsat English
- A simulated voyage to Mars: Crew emerges from isolationNews24
- 'Astronauts' Simulating Mars Surface Mission Emerge After 8 Months of IsolationSeeker
- Astronauts selected for Journey to Mars came out from simulated environment ...The TeCake
- Scientists complete 8 months in isolation to simulate Mars missionScience Magazine
- NASA Researcher Claims Mars Colony 'Perfectly Scientifically Achievable'Sputnik International
- Data From NASA's Fifth HI-SEAS Isolation Mission Will Influence Who Goes to MarsFuturism
- Mauna Loa: Scientists Watching Hawaii's Largest Volcano For Possible EruptionInternational Business Times
- Hopeful Martians Emerge From 8-Month Experiment To Find Earth Horrific As EverGizmodo