The smartphone-tethered device would resemble a regular pair of spectacles and use a bone-conduction system that would allow the wearer to hear Alexa without the need for headphones, the newspaper reported, citing people familiar with Amazon's plans.
The internet retailer also plans to beef up its smart home hardware lineup with a new internet-connected security camera system, the paper reported.
The digital assistant has been integrated into Amazon Fire tablets , too, allowing people to cue up a song, pause a movie, dim the lights or check the weather entirely with voice interaction.
Amazon's array of Echo devices has worked out well for the company, giving it 71 percent of the US smart speaker market, according to eMarketer .
The high-tech eyewear provoked widespread anxiety about invasion of privacy and backlash against gadgetry overstepping its bounds, leading to a new putdown: "glassholes."
- Amazon is working on smart glasses to house Alexa AI, says FTTechCrunch
- Amazon Reportedly Developing Alexa Smart GlassesInternational Business Times
- Amazon's Alexa-powered smart glasses project is doomedVentureBeat
- How Amazon Alexa Smart Glasses Will Avoid Google Glass' FailuresInverse
- Amazon Creating 'Smart Glasses' to Access Alexa Anytime, AnywhereTheStreet.com
- Amazon working on Alexa-powered smart glasses, says reportThe Verge
- Amazon's next Alexa product? Smartphone-connected glasses for a phone it doesn ...BGR
- Amazon Alexa smart glasses could be retailer's next big thingSlashGear
- Amazon reportedly working on Alexa-enabled 'smart glasses'Engadget